It’s always a good idea to be prepared, which includes having lots of “must haves” available in your car. Check out this helpful list of things that might help you out in a pinch.
- Emergency kit: This goes without saying – You should have an emergency breakdown kit in your car that included everything from jumper cables, a tire pressure gauge and flares or road markers. Some other options to keep in your emergency kit include band aids and antiseptic wash, a phone charger and a flashlight.
- Snacks / Water: Whether you’re driving or are stuck on the side of the road for hours (or just have hangry kids,) keeping nonperishable snacks like granola bars and fruit gummies, along with a case of water, is always a good idea.
- Gas Money + Quarters: You’re probably thinking we’re nuts for suggesting that you keep cash in your car, but hear us out here. Stashing away a $20 and a couple dollars in quarters will help you out in both “low” gas and parking situations.
- Trashbags: While these come in handy for cleaning up in a jiffy, did you know they can also double as a rain poncho? Changing a tire in the middle of a rain storm just became a lot drier.
- 12 Volt powered air pump: Imagine being stuck in the middle of nowhere with the nearest gas stations miles away and your tires in desperate need of air. That’s where the 12 Volt powered air compressor comes in handy by plugging directly into your car DC connector.
- Wipes / Napkins / Tissues: Did you accidentally sit on a packet of your favorite fast food chains BBQ sauce? Sudden kid-snot explosion? That’s where the napkins, wipes, and tissues come in – good to have on hand for those moments where you need to clean up quick.
- Entertainment: On a long road trip and need to take a break at a rest area to stretch your legs for a bit? It’s a good idea to pack something to keep you, and any little passengers, busy. Office favorites include a Wiffle ball and bat, a hacky sack and of course the tried and true classic of a good book. More a music person? Then check out one of our Verti Playlists!
You Could Save Hundreds on Your Car Insurance
Pay less for car insurance in PA & get dedicated 1-on-1 support. Introducing Verti.