The air is cooling off, leaves are falling and it’s the beginning of a beautiful Pennsylvania fall. It’s a great time to get out and enjoy all the state has to offer, along with some fun events going on this month. Gather your friends or family and hit the road this month!
- La Festa Italiana: Anywhere filled with pizza, pasta and cannolis is a place that you want to be. La Festa Italiana in Scranton takes place September 1-4th, where you can indulge in all your favorite Italian foods. Plus, enjoy live music, italian retail and even Frank Sinatra impersonators. Sounds like a perfect day.
- Made in America Festival: This Philadelphia music festival is a music lover’s dream. The Made in America Festival is headlined by superstars Post Malone and Nicki Minaj this year, the streets of Philadelphia will turn into a giant dance party on September 1st-2nd with over 30 different artists. The event also features a free culinary competition where you can taste-test the entries. Yum.
- Highland Orchards Fall Apple Festival: Apple picking is one of the most popular (and delicious) activity to kick off fall, and Highland Orchards in West Chester has plenty to pick. They offer all your classic fall activities starting in mid-September, complete with hayrides, pumpkin picking and corn mazes to start your fall season off the right way.
- Bike Ghost Road: We’re still a month away from Halloween, but this beautiful abandoned highway is far from spooky. The Bike Ghost Road nine mile paved trail through Pennsylvania’s most beautiful fall foliage makes for a great workout (and a great Instagram picture). The trail is located between Bedford and Fulton Counties, and has been widely regarded as a biker’s dream. Hit the trail in September before the weather gets too chilly, and to see the leaves starting to change!
- Take a train at the Steamtown National Historic Site: If biking isn’t your thing, you can still admire the fall colors by train! In September and October, you can take a ride on one of the country’s oldest scenic railways through the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania at Steamtown National Historic site and admire the changing leaves. They offer all-day excursions, or quicker trips of a few hours you can fit into your weekend.