We are officially two weeks away from Valentine’s Day, which means you may be scrambling for a sweet date idea to charm your beau. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with this special, Valentine’s Day themed edition of #VertiDrives. Single? Taken? Doesn’t matter, we’ve got options for anyone looking for a romantic road trip to awesome destinations and activities all over Pennsylvania.
- The National Aviary – No better place to be lovebirds than the National Aviary located in Pittsburgh’s historic North side. Check out over 500 different birds of 150 different species in an interactive walk-through. Feeling daring? You can feed and meet some of the rarest species of birds out there!
- Carnegie Science Center (Science After Dark) – Who doesn’t love spending time at the science museum? We sure do, but that usually means large crowds and lots of screaming kids. Skip the chaos and take your date to the 21+ night at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh. What could be better than checking out the exhibits, competition against Air Hockeybot all the while enjoying an adult beverage?
- Row House Cinema – Head to historic Lawrenceville and check out the Row House Cinema, a single screen theater which offers an eclectic selection of classic and contemporary films spanning all eras, genres, and styles of cinema. You can also enjoy a craft beer and popcorn with REAL butter while you enjoy your movie!
- Schenley Park / Locks of Love – Take a romantic stroll along Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, but plan to make a pit stop to check out all the locks that fellow couples have locked onto the bridge as a sign of their love. Turn it up a notch and bring your own lock to add onto the ever-growing collection.
- The Barnes Foundation – Is your sweetheart a fan of French impressionist and post-impressionist paintings? Then plan an afternoon in downtown Philadelphia exploring the many exhibits and touring collections of artworks by Manet, Degas, and Picasso.
- Andy Warhol Museum – Impressionism not your style? If pop culture and celebrity portraits are more your thing…then the Andy Warhol Museum may be the right location for your interlude. Check out the largest collection of Andy Warhol artwork located right in his hometown of Pittsburgh.
- Philadelphia Art Museum – Play tourist for a day and check out the Philadelphia Art Museum, a Philadelphia staple. We suggest checking out the “Old Masters Now” collection, which include pieces by the likes of Monet, Rembrandt, and Botticelli.
- The Victor Café – Music lovers rejoice – this place is just for you! You’ll be delighted by live opera, as the Victor Café’s singing waiters perform roughly every fifteen minutes. In addition to the live opera, you’ll be entertained by poetry and instrumental performances. So enjoy your meal with a side order of live music at this historic Philadelphia staple.
- Philadelphia Magic Garden – Stray off the beaten path and take a tour of this outdoor installation space and indoor gallery. Known for its use of non-traditional mediums including found objects, mirrors, and handmade tiles, this outdoor art installation and indoor gallery is a must see hidden gem in Philly!
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest – Looking for something extra ooey-and gooey? Take your special someone to the Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest Special Sweetheart Skate sessions. A $25 ticket will get you ice skating and skate rentals, chocolates, flowers, a photo booth, and yes even a DJ ready to play your songs.
You Could Save Hundreds on Your Car Insurance
Pay less for car insurance in PA & get dedicated 1-on-1 support. Introducing Verti.