There’s nothing quite like taking an impromptu road trip on the weekend. That’s why we came up with these 10 must see locations found right here in Pennsylvania. So grab your camera and your crew and take a drive to one of these destinations.
- Hershey: Go for the chocolate but stay for the attractions! Did you know, Hershey park is open for a Christmas Candylane experience through New Year’s Day. If a zoo, spa, park and gardens are more your style, you’ll find the perfect activity for your mood.
- Glen Onoko Falls in Jim Thorpe: Get outdoors this fall and see one of the coolest PA trails featuring rock scrambles and high waterfalls. This intermediate 4.1-mile hike has views of several waterfalls and beautiful scenery.
- Longwood Gardens: Don’t miss a local gem like Longwood Gardens. Even though temperatures are dropping, you can see exotic plants and dazzling horticulture year-round with over 1077 acres of gardens and woodlands in Kennett Square, PA!
- New Hope: A short drive from Philadelphia, enjoy eclectic shops, restaurants and cultural attractions in Bucks county. This is a great day trip or weekend getaway to escape from the week.
- Gettysburg: Whether history is your thing or you want to visit the area wineries and distilleries, Gettysburg has lots to offer. Learn about history while you walk the Gettysburg Battlefield. Afterward, take some time to check out the many local restaurants, theaters, ghost tours and more!
- Cherry Springs State Park: Like stargazing? Then plan your weekend adventure to Cherry Springs State Park, one of the best places on the eastern seaboard to catch famous views of the Milky Way, planets, and other hard-to-see astronomic phenomena.
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort: This destination is one for the outdoor lover and adventurer. Only a short ride from Pittsburgh, get ready to zip line or hit the mountain’s ski and snowboard trails!
- Ringing Rocks Park: BYO hammer and make the rocks sing at this boulder field located in Potts Grove, PA! Not a fan of swinging hammers? Then take a walk on the many trails leading to beautiful waterfalls located within the park.
- Cucumber Falls: This 30-foot high waterfall is one of the many great waterfalls found in Ohiopyle State Park in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. This instagrammable sight is extremely accessible and one of PA’s coolest natural attractions.
- Fallingwater: Designed by famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1935, this house sits above a waterfall to show a harmonious union of art and nature. More than 5 million visitors have experienced this architectural masterpiece – but plan ahead since tours often sell out in advance.
You Could Save Hundreds on Your Car Insurance
Pay less for car insurance in PA & get dedicated 1-on-1 support. Introducing Verti.