Vacation time is fast approaching and you are soooo ready…but is your car? As you prepare to travel and are making your list of stuff to pack, it’s just as important to double check your vehicle. After all, it’s going to get you where you want to go. You don’t want a break down to ruin your escape. With that in mind, we put together an infographic of 10 things to double check on your car before you travel:
- Check the oil level, with the engine turned off. A low oil level can destroy your engine. Not sure how to check your engine oil? Watch our #CarHack video about checking your engine oil.
- Make sure your windshield wipers are in good condition and check the windshield washer fluid.
- Ensure your rear & side view mirrors are adjusted.
- Be sure your headlights are aimed correctly & the brake lights are working properly.
- Check your tire pressure & inspect for tire wear. Not sure how to do that? We’ve got a #CarHack video showing you how to check your tire pressure.
- Examine your battery & terminals, both should be free of corrosion.
- Check your brake fluid level or get it checked by a mechanic.
- Look at the brakes & make sure the brake pads aren’t worn.
- Make sure you have roadside safety gear (reflective safety vest, jack, warning triangles…). You should also pack a few essentials in your trunk to ensure you have everything you may need.
- Take all necessary documents, like your driver’s license, passport, registration, etc. with you & make sure it’s all up to date.
So there you go! Being helpful and human is all part of what makes Verti the car insurance company in Pennsylvania that we are. Anything we missed? Leave us a comment on Facebook or Twitter and let us know!
You Could Save Hundreds on Your Car Insurance
Pay less for car insurance in PA & get dedicated 1-on-1 support. Introducing Verti.