Looking for something new to do this weekend? Out of road trip ideas? Just need to hit the road and go see someplace different? We got you. Check out a few of our favorite mini road trip ideas based around the Philly area and the Steel City.
Philadelphia Day Trip Ideas
- Philadelphia Magic Gardens: Right in the heart of Philadelphia, this museum includes an outdoor art installation and indoor galleries. It’s got everything from folk art statues, found object sculptures and even installations with thousands of glittering mirrors.
- Shofuso Japanese House + Garden: This historic museum to Japanese culture features a hill and pond garden with a tiered waterfall, island, and koi fish. It also features 20 breathtaking contemporary murals permanently displayed inside the house.
- Mummers Museum: New to the Philly area? Then you need to learn about Mummers! This Museum is dedicated to celebrating the tradition of Mummery including costumes, oral histories and even an exhibit to teach anyone how to “strut.”
- Please Touch Museum: If you have kiddos, the Please Touch Museum is a must. Enjoy two floors of interactive fun, encouraging children to unleash their curiosity.
Pittsburgh Road Trips
- Bicycle Heaven: Did you know that the world’s largest bicycle museum & shop is right here in Pittsburgh? Featuring close to 4,000 vintage and new bicycles, it’s a collection of bicycle memorabilia not to be missed!
- Mattress Factory Museum: No it’s not an actual mattress factory, the Mattress Factory is a contemporary art museum featuring site-specific installations created by artists in residence from around the world.
- Carnegie Science Center – Roboworld: Check out the world’s largest permanent robotics exhibition with lots of interactive exhibit stations in this one-of-a-kind robotics experience. You can also do the robot and no one will judge your dance moves here.
- Duquesne Incline: See some of the best views of downtown Pittsburgh while riding this century-old cable car and one of the few remaining inclines in the country. It includes a museum of Pittsburgh’s unique history.
You Could Save Hundreds on Your Car Insurance
Pay less for car insurance in PA & get dedicated 1-on-1 support. Introducing Verti.