We all may love summer, but do we really appreciate that feeling of being roasted alive when getting into a car that’s been sitting in the sun all day? We’ve come up with a few tips to help you get more out of summer by keeping your car a few degrees cooler.
- Park in a shady spot – This one is pretty self-explanatory. Try to park in the shadiest spot you can find, especially if you plan to be there for a long period of time. Often times you’ll have to walk a little further to your destination, but a cooler car will be worth the trudge in the end!
- Invest in a sunshade – Sunshades haven’t exactly changed since their invention, but they’re a tried and true method of helping keep the interior temperatures of your car nice and low. You can also put a sunshade in your rear windshield to lower temps even further.
- Crack a window – While keeping your windows rolled down all the way while you aren’t around isn’t a great idea, cracking your window just slightly will help you beat the heat by creating some air flow and ventilation in your otherwise stuffy car.
- Keep a hand towels and blankets handy – Nobody likes touching hot steering wheels, so drape a small towel over the wheel before you exit the car to help keep it from heating it up. You can apply this same method to your seats by covering them in blankets.
- Invest in a solar powered fan – Solar powered fans that simply clip onto your sun visor or rearview mirror help to create constant air circulation to keep the temps lower. Combined with a cracked windows, the solar powered fan will make the heat that much more bearable.